Peter Obi floors Tinubu, Atiku in Ebonyi

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, has been declared the winner of the presidential election in Ebonyi State.

Mr Obi polled over 75 per cent of the votes cast in the southeastern state. None of the other candidates polled up to 25 per cent of the votes cast in the state.

The LP candidate garnered a total of 259,738 votes to defeat Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who got 42,402 votes. Atiku Abubakar of the PDP polled 13,503 votes to come third in the election.

The results were announced Tuesday at the State Collation Centre of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Abakaliki, the state capital.

The Collation Officer for Ebonyi State, Charles Igwe, who is the Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria (UNN), announced the final results.

READ ALSO: JUST IN: Peter Obi records landslide victory in Imo

He said the state has a total of 1,563,529 registered voters. However, only 337,887 voters were accredited for the election.

The total valid votes cast was 325,351 while 11,990 votes were rejected bringing the total votes cast to 337,341.

Votes scored by all the political parties are as follows: A-178, AA-248, AAC-264, ADC-477, ADP-327, APC-42402, APGA-4120, APM-367 and APP-182,

TEXEM Advert

Others are: BP-342, LP-259738, NNPP-1661, NRM-187, PDP-13503, PRP -83, SDP-150, YPP-197 and ZLP-925.

Support PREMIUM TIMES’ journalism of integrity and credibility

Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.

For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.

By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.


TEXT AD: Call Willie – +2348098788999

PT Mag Campaign AD

Source link